Friday, July 25, 2008

some months later

So I did finish. And finish early. Apparently I just didn't want to talk about it.

Probably because it was the worst thing I ever wrote. And I know that sometimes I say that (especially about NaNo), but when I go back a while later and reread it, things don't seem quite so bad. But not this time! I really never intended to look at the novel again, but a couple weeks ago I read the whole thing while I was battling insomnia. It managed to be even worse than I remembered.

I think that a lot of my problem was that the past couple years of ML-ing had been so fantastic, but last year ended up being really frustrating in that regard, and it was hard to get inspired to write a good novel while I was spending so much time worrying about running things and trying to get people to, you know, show up.

I don't know if I'm going to do NaNo this year. It might be time for a break. Or, if I do, it might be a good idea to step down from the ML-ing for now. It's been fun - even with the frustration last year, it was fun - but it's a lot of stress that maybe I just can't deal with right now.

I think I might try to do a bunch o' writing in September though. No word count goal, no real pressure, just making myself sit down and write as much as I can. And hopefully have it not be insanely sucky. Stay tuned.

No comments: